Can Old Appliances Be Sold To A Scrap Metal Recycling Facility?
In a world driven by sustainability and environmental consciousness, the question of what to do with old appliances that have recently been replaced often arises. Many people are unaware that the outdated, bulky appliances that are cluttering their homes can be turned into cash by selling them to a scrap metal recycling facility! Not only will you be cleaning out your home and putting some extra cash in your pocket, but you’ll also be contributing to a greener planet when you sell your old appliances to a local scrap metal recycling facility! In this article, we’ll talk about selling appliances for their scrap value and the scrap metal recycling process! If you are located in the Southeastern Massachusetts area and have an old appliance sitting around your home that you’d like to trade in for cash, contact our team at Allied Recycling Center today to learn more about our metal purchasing & recycling services!
Yes, You Can Sell Old Appliances For Their Scrap Value!
Old appliances, just like most things that are primarily made of metal, can indeed be sold to scrap metal recycling facilities. Most scrap metal recycling facilities accept appliances such as washing machines, dryers, grills, stoves, and more, and will pay you for their scrap value! Here at Allied Recycling Center, we purchase both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, including appliances!
How Does Appliance Recycling Work?
Recycling old appliances involves a series of steps that ultimately benefit the environment and your wallet:
- Collection: Allied Recycling Center offers pickup and drop-off services for our clients in Southeastern Massachusetts! If you have an old appliance that you’d like to sell & recycle, contact us today to speak with a member of our team or visit our facility at 1901 Main Street in Walpole, MA!
- Sorting: Once at the facility, appliances and other types of scrap metal are weighed, tested, and sorted into groups based on the types of metals they contain.
- Decontamination: To ensure that no harmful substances are released into the environment, refrigerants and other potentially harmful components are safely removed from the appliances.
- Processing: The appliances are then processed to recover valuable metals. These metals are then melted down into ingots and sent to manufacturers for reuse, reducing the need for mining new metals, and therefore preserving natural resources.
- Payment: After your appliances and other scrap metals have been weighed and tested, you’ll receive compensation based on the weight and type of metals extracted from your old appliances.
- Environmental Impact: Appliance recycling significantly reduces the environmental impact of mining and manufacturing, conserving energy and reducing carbon emissions!
Sell Scrap Metal To Allied Recycling Center in Walpole, MA
If you have any questions about the scrap metal recycling process or would like to start selling scrap metal in the Southeastern Massachusetts region, please contact us today! Located in Walpole, MA, Allied Recycling Center offers scrap metal purchasing, junk car pickups, dumpster rentals, and various other services to residents and businesses in the region! Give us a call at (508) 668-8699 or fill out the contact form on our website, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!