What Can I Sell For Scrap?
Have you been interested in scrap metal recycling and how to make some cash selling scrap? This could be a fun and exciting new venture to make some quick cash, but where do you start? You may be wondering first of all about the types of scrap that you can sell, where you can find them, where to recycle your scrap, etc. You may be an environmentally conscious individual and would like to keep scrap from polluting your surroundings and water sources. If you’d like to avoid throwing away scrap and earn a little bit of cash in the process, let’s check out some common items that you can sell for scrap.
Category of Metals
What metals can you recycle? It’s important to note that not all metals are recyclable. Scrap metal falls into two categories, ferrous and non-ferrous.
- Ferrous Metals: These metals are magnetic and are the most commonly recycled kind of metal. Ferrous metals could also contain engineered materials, such as cast iron, and are known to corrode and rust. Iron and steel are the popular types of ferrous metals. Motors and electronic appliances are typically made up of ferrous metal. Examples of ferrous metals include alloy steel, carbon steel, mild steel, stainless steel, wrought iron, and cast iron.
- Non-Ferrous Metals: Non-ferrous scrap metals are non-magnetic and are made up of base metals. They are not as common as ferrous metals. Examples of non-ferrous metals include aluminum, brass, tin, zinc, copper, nickel, and lead.
Common Scrap Metal Items
What are some common scrap metal items that are recyclable? Here’s a quick list of common items:
- Insulated copper wire or cable
- Sheet aluminum
- Aluminum car/truck rims
- Aluminum cans(beans, soda, and vegetables, etc.)
- Cast aluminum(skillets)
- Beam offcuts heavy steel
- Light steel(appliances and AC units)
- Copper tubing
- Air conditioner aluminum and copper radiators
- Non-magnetic stainless steel
- Brass Plumbing
Household Items that Can Be Scrapped
Scrap metals can be found in different household items, from appliances to electronics.
- Stainless Steel Brass Faucets and Sinks: These items are found in sinks and bathrooms
- Copper Piping and Tubing: These are found in bathrooms and kitchens. Water pipes in the home may also be made from copper tubing.
- Household Appliances: Items such as dishwashers, ovens, refrigerators, and dryers usually contain copper tubing
- Aluminum and Cast Iron Pots and Pans: These items could be frying pan
Knowing your metals and where to find them can make your scrap metal undertaking a breeze. Working with an experienced scrap metal dealer who can help you to get the most out of your scrap metal. You’ll not only get a bang for your valuable scrap metal but also find a home for your recyclable old metals benefitting the environment through proper disposal.
Sell Your Scrap At Allied Recycling Today!
Allied Recycling is the number one source for all things scrap metal in Massachusetts & the surrounding area. If you have questions about scrap metal recycling, vehicle scrap recycling, or how much your metal is worth, call our team today! 978-729-3587 View our Service Area.